Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Idiotic drivers

Earlier this evening I was walking across the parking lot of the local grocery store. As I neared the driveway, I noticed a van having a difficult time negotiating the driveway leading into the lot. Since I had to cross there, I gave the driver wide berth, so I stood and waited for them. As they passed in front of me, I could see what was causing the problem: the driver was HOLDING A DOG WITH THEIR LEFT HAND AND STEERING WITH THEIR RIGHT.


Of all the stupid, idiotic things I've seen, this one has to be one of worst. Pick your nose while driving? Disgusting, but whatever. Talking on a hand held cellphone? Stupid, offensive and dangerous. There is no excuse for that behaviour, what with modern technology and HEADSETS. But holding a dog?!? That should be an offense punishable by being stuck in traffic on the I-10 freeway from 9am - 3pm, in the desert, every day in August, with no A/C, no radio and no place to pull over and pee. We'll allow you food and liquid.


How would this nimrod of a human explain herself to a cop if she ran over and killed a child?!? "Well, gee officer Jones... I didn't mean to kill little Billy Smith, but poor little Gizmo likes to see where we're going and he can't see from the passenger seat cause he's too small, so it makes him happy when I hold him with one hand while driving."


Many years ago my brother and I were witness to another stupid driver as we were coming home from a camping trip. At that time he imparted to me this bit of wisdom:
"Stupidity like that will eventually correct itself. Unfortunately, the stupid driver probably won't be the only one injured when they learn their lesson."

Freakin' morons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home