Thursday, July 07, 2005

Beauty, Light, Hatred, Death, Yin, Yang

I went to bed early last night, after having been serenaded (she performed a set at the Hotel Cafe in Hollywood) by the beautiful, wonderfully talented Kat Parsons. I lay me down to rest with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. I woke up this morning, just a few short hours later, to the hatred, violence and death in the wake of the multiple bombings in London.



It amazes me how a species can give birth to such beauty, art and music, yet is also capable of such deep-rooted hatred, which fosters the acts of terrorism we saw unfolding before us today. We have to have hot and cold, young and old, frail and strong, Yin and Yang; life is an either or proposition. Today I saw both sides rear their heads.

1 Comments:

Blogger Atabei said...

Just dropping by to say hello cousin jooz :)

I'm barely up to talking about the side that reared it's head in London. It brought the attacks here back out of where I'd stuffed them in my memory. Odd how the feelings are just as raw now as they were then.
Right now I'm still concentrating on being grateful that the toll wasn't as high as I'd feared and on the fact that my London friends are ok.

Atabei
aka shh-girl

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home